Sunday, February 14, 2010

Because I Didn't Kill Him the First Time...

The unmentionable child has done it again. This time it was Monday evening, during dinner, where it came out that Child 0 had a solar system project and that he was making a stop-motion movie using LEGOs to complete the project. All well and good, until two fateful questions: ‘when is it due?’ and ‘how long have you known about it?’ Apparently it didn’t occur to Child 0 that he had scouts tomorrow night and that he still had to develop the storyline, film it, edit it and then render it before he could actually complete the assignment.

So late Tuesday evening the cinematography is mostly complete and I ask Child 0 if the movie needs dialogue so he can discuss the key elements that had to be included in order to get any credit for the assignment. “Oh, I hadn’t thought about that.” Child 0 went to bed around 1am; I got to bed around 3am. Julie got said child up again around 6am so he could complete the written portion of his assignment.



When he got his grade, I wanted to scream and not in a good way. (He got 100% on the project.)

4 comments:

  1. Only your son would have that kind of imagination! He's got the genes for it. And, I have to agree with his teacher...it totally deserved 100%. Don't you hate it when life or fate or whatever doesn't see eye to eye with your concept of a karmic punishment. Instead karma rewards you for not killing you son...Buwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want child 0 to get less than 100% perhaps parent 1 and parent 2 need to say too little too late and go to bed and get up normally. :)

    PS I want onion rings

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the school system is preparing him well for a productive life in Corporate America after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan don't you feel slighted? You should have been listed as executive producer! I wouldn't worry about the put off last minute homework. I mostly did my projects on time, but I still remember one or two college projects that were done the night before. A big part of life is figuring out how much time it takes to get things done and just how long you can procrastinate them without getting in trouble. Child number 0 sounds like he hasn't discovered that point yet. When the entire project is done by midnight that night before he'll have found his balance. :)

    ReplyDelete