I just wasn't up to it this year, so when child #2 wanted to make her box into a puppy, I sold her on making it more abstract, with various shapes in lieu of actual, realistic puppy parts. She bought into the "Picasso's Love Puppy" concept and she seemed genuinely pleased with the final product.
I told her I thought no one else would have ever seen anything like it. I certainly hadn't.

Gratefully, nearly two weeks have passed without any obvious signs of emotional scarring, well not from this any way. Given my track record, that really is an accomplishment.
Just cutting a slit in a shoebox is too much effort for a Valentine's box, so Picasso Puppy is above and beyond.
ReplyDeleteYou know that had child #2 been male, the box would have been the same, but called "Mutant Alien Fresh-eating Love Puppy."
ReplyDeleteI like Picasso's Love Puppy. Very post modern (much better than the standard "mail box" most kids create.
ReplyDeleteI think anything that holds the promise of candy is terrific.
ReplyDeleteLiam was throwing up on Valentine's weekend. His valentine's day involved throwing up into a box. Luckily he was unaware of the fact that he had missed out on anything.
ReplyDeleteI like to Picasso angle. It means that anything goes and no matter how strange, it works.
ReplyDelete