Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ice Cream Heaven

For the first time ever, we decided to go as a family to the Utah State Fair last night. They had a high-diving show; high-priced, high-fat food; garden oddities; a large array of farm animals and animal smells; and best of all, ice cream heaven. They didn’t call it ice cream heaven, they called it the ‘Utah Diary Farmer’s Association & Ice Cream Something-or-other Group’s Something, Something Ice Cream Something” (or something like that). It was all you can eat ice cream for $3 (only $2 for 12 and under); with Russell’s ice cream, Farr Better ice cream, Creamies, Fatboys, and (dum-dum-da-dah) Aggie ice cream. They had two long tables full of toppings from chocolate and caramel sauce to peanuts and sprinkles. I had six scoops of Aggie ice cream and a Fatboy, (and I didn’t need no stinking toppings). It was ice cream heaven. I was disappointed in myself that I couldn’t manage a return visit to sample some of the other ice cream varieties and flavors, or at least take a Creamie to go. But it was not to be. It was just a fleeting glimpse of the rewards awaiting the most righteous in the hereafter.

Jack Handey once said, "When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy." I’m choosing ice cream heaven. Every time.

7 comments:

  1. It would only be heaven if it were chocolate ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. Let's choose ice cream heaven. As long you realize it will also be fat thigh heaven then we're all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously, Aggie Blue Mint is the best of all the flavors and Aggie ice cream is the finest in the world. I promise that anyone who comes and visits us will get to eat some Aggie ice cream...but you'll still have to pay for your own...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to take issue with calling a Fat Boy ice cream. Though better than a Klondike Bar, Chipwich, or Dilly Bar, it's not really good enough to be labeled ice cream especially when its neighbor is Aggie brand. It's like calling an Oreo a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would it really be Ice Cream Heaven if it still made you fat? I think not.

    As for Fatboys, they are more like the telestial gruel for those that don't quite merit Ice Cream Heaven exaltation. I only had one because we were waiting in line for Aggie ice cream and Jordan grabbed one for everyone. At that point I couldn't let it go to waste, could I?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only you had known ahead of time, you could have come with an appropriate appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly, we rarely know ahead of time when we are going to Heaven, especially Ice Cream Heaven. I keep a plastic spoon in my laptop bag, just in case. One must always be prepared.

    ReplyDelete