It snowed today. I drove to work in a blizzard. It’s May 24th. I was sustained as the second counselor in our ward Bishopric yesterday. Related? I think so.
Sarah's first words to me after sacrament meeting were, "Dad, does this mean you're old now?"
I asked who had put her up to this and she looked at me funny. "Dad you're the one who always said that people go up on the stand when they are old enough to sleep through meetings."
I'm sure those weren't my exact words.
After a long day yesterday, I was chatting with Jordan and talking a little bit about the changes my new assignment will mean for our family. I asked him if he had any questions.
“Why didn’t we have dessert?”
At least some things never change.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know if I should congratulate you or commiserate with Julie.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it will be a positive experience. I'm sure it will be a positive experience. I'm sure it will be a positive experience...
ReplyDeleteWon't it?
Sure it will! But I think Jordan's question is very valid. When there is no dessert, he knows something is amiss. This may be the beginning of the end of dessert.
ReplyDeleteAll I know is that every Sunday Steve would come down and tell me how bad the kids were that week. As if I couldn't figure that out for myself seeing how I was the one trying to control them!
ReplyDeleteBishopric members aren't allowed dessert
ReplyDeleteWe had a bishopric change-up two weeks ago and I ended up as ward clerk. The stake president implied that I would be a part of the bishopric as ward clerk. When I raised my eyebrow, he corrected course. "You'll know what's going on with the ward, and you'll have to keep it straight, but you won't have to fix any problems."
ReplyDeleteI think I landed pretty soft, especially since I'm finally out of Scouts.
I see only the valid points brought up by Claire and Jordan. WHERE WAS THE DESSERT! Have you gone so mad with power that you didn't provide dessert? Not even green jello? I think you need to adjust your attitude and get your game together. Now excuse me I'm suddenly craving some dessert...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLisa, I'm surprised at you! Have you really been out of Utah long enough that you think green Jello is a dessert? Everyone knows it's a salad!
ReplyDelete